Todo Math for iPad Makes Summer A Time of Learning Gain
Award-winning iOS exclusive education app is now available for free on the App Store with 10 new games, adventure mission play mode, progress reports and more
Berkeley, CA – June 19, 2014 – LocoMotive Labs, an award-winning educational app developer, today announced a major update to the Todo Math App for iPad, now available for free only on the App store with 10 new games and a mission mode play feature that offers guided curriculum based activities for more engaged learning. The widespread availability of Todo Math, a suite of 18 multi-level math games and 30+ curriculum based activities, is aimed at combating summer learning loss for graduating preschoolers and kindergarten students.
Studies show when children aren’t given high quality enriching learning experiences during the summer months, they experience “Summer Learning Loss” or “Summer Slide.” Most students lose about two months of
grade level equivalency in mathematical computation skills over the summer months, according to the National Summer Learning Association.
“We believe that parents, when given the right materials, are empowered to sustain and accelerate their child’s learning over the summer,” says Sooinn Lee, CEO and co-founder of LocoMotive Labs. “In conjunction with the National Summer Learning Association’s Summer Learning Day on Friday, June 20, we are excited to provide Todo Math for free (with in-app purchase) to fight summer learning loss experienced by all students.”
Todo Math offers games and activities to help children, ages four to seven years old, master foundational math skills preparing them for future academic success. Designed by game developers and teachers, Todo Math is a research-based, classroom-tested and aligned to international standards and the U.S. Common Core State Standards. As children continue to practice math using the Todo Math App, parents can feel confident that their child’s math practice will transfer to the classroom and real-life.
“Few parents have the time and money to spend time searching for individual math apps for their children,” says Alison Hirst of the popular iMums app review site. “Todo Math offers parents an exceptional and comprehensive all-in-one math app that children will love to play all summer long.”
Todo Math Features:
• 18 multi-level games (and more in development) Number Tracing, Counting, Tallies, Cookies, Falling Blocks, Equation Maker, Word Windows, Patterns, Quick Addition, Quick Subtraction, Quick Multiplying, Quick Facts, Little Farm, Same or Different, Matrix, Days and Weeks, Train Time, and Ferris Wheel are all included.
• 30 + curriculum-based missions for adventurous (and fidgety) players who need longer-sustained periods of learning.
• Two different modes of play: mission and free choice.
• Multiple means of representation. That’s a fancy way of saying we use clever digital manipulatives to convey math concepts in lots of different ways.
• Three player profiles with progress reports included.
• Custom settings for lefties and kiddos with dyslexia.
Free with Three In-App Upgrade Options:
• Free includes eight multi-level games, three curriculum-based missions and the beginner levels to ten new multi-level games.
• Todo Math Double Pack for $19.99 includes preferred pricing to access all missions and free choice games.
• Mission Only Access for $11.99 includes 31 unique missions perfectly tailored to keep kids deeply engaged in the learning process.
• Free Choice Only Access for $9.99 includes 18 multi-level mini games. Great for children who thrive on unbridled free play!
Locomotive Labs designs exceptional assistive and play-based learning applications to empower kids with special needs to be independent learners. The LocoMotive Labs team is comprised of award-winning game designers and developers closely collaborating with parents and educators to elevate digital learning experiences for children with special needs. Headquartered in Berkeley, California, LocoMotive Labs is is backed by K9 Ventures, NewSchools Venture Fund and Kapor Capital and can be found on the web at http://locomotivelabs.com
by Enuma, Inc.
Category: Education, Games, Family
Requirements: Compatible with iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi, iPad23G-iPad23G, iPhone4S-iPhone4S, iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen, iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone5-iPhone5, iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen, iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen, iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini-iPadMini, iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G, iPhone5c-iPhone5c, iPhone5s-iPhone5s, iPadAir-iPadAir, iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular, iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina, iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular, iPhone6-iPhone6, iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus, iPadAir2-iPadAir2, iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular, iPadMini3-iPadMini3, iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular, iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6s-iPhone6s, iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus, iPadMini4-iPadMini4, iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular, iPadPro-iPadPro, iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular, iPadPro97-iPadPro97, iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular, iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE, iPhone7-iPhone7, iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus, iPad611-iPad611, iPad612-iPad612, iPad71-iPad71, iPad72-iPad72, iPad73-iPad73, iPad74-iPad74, iPhone8-iPhone8, iPhone8Plus-iPhone8Plus, iPhoneX-iPhoneX
Size: 202.32 MB
Alison, the American iMum is from Massachusetts. She lives there with her two sons and husband. In their spare time, they enjoy playing outside, enjoying nature and of course testing apps and fantastic products on their devices. My older son loves technology and loves testing out the “latest and newest” apps and tech. I love sharing information about apps and products with others to help them make decisions without feeling overwhelmed with all of the choices.